The 2017 Million Meter Madness event is on Saturday, March 18, 2017, held in the cafeteria at Westfield High School.
Donation Info: This event, which is mandatory for all Westfield rowers, features 100 rowers (on rowing machines) rowing 10,000 meters each, for a total of one million meters. Please sponsor a rower by making a donation.
- Electronic donations can be made by clicking the "Donate" button above.
- Donations by cash or check can be made using the Donation Form.
- Rowers can track donations using the Donation Tracking Form.
Volunteer & Food Info: Earn volunteer points and have fun!
- Please click Sign-Up to volunteer and earn points. If you don't see a task listed that you can help with or if the slots are filled, please come any way as we could use extra hands.
- The event concludes with a potluck dinner and awards. Please click Food Sign-Up to RSVP and to let us know what you will bring.
- Captains will make teams.
- Take all donations collected to the crew mailbox in the activities office at WFHS (donations need to be turned in by March 10th.)
- Make sure donation envelopes have their name on them or donation sheets are filled out to receive volunteer hours (1 hour for every $10 donated).
- Tentative Schedule:
• Is a co-ed sport, totally self-funded and volunteer run.
• Is the first of only two varsity club sports at WHS.
• Has encouraged over 700 student-athletes in our twelve year history.
• Is one of more than 16 FCPS high schools that have rowing programs. There are over 45 high school programs in metro DC.
• Has taught 13 All-Met rowers, qualified for National Regatta 6 consecutive years.
• Is a 501(c)(3) organization, your donation is tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE WESTFIELD HIGH SCHOOL CREW TEAM!