Below is the sign up for the yard sale on. If you won't be at the regatta that morning, we would love for you to sign up to help out during the sale. If you will be at the regatta, you can still help out by donating items ahead of time. We can't make money if we don't have items to sell so please take a little time this week and clean out a closet, kitchen cabinet, toy chest, book shelf, etc. Every little bit helps.
Mulchers & Drivers: To Sign-Up to Mulch or Drive, please click here. Mulchers and drivers should meet at 8:30 a.m. at the Virginia Run Community Center, 15355 Wetherburn Ct., Centreville.
Food Donation: Parents are expected to help contributing with food and logistics for this event. Instructions can be found via the sign-up links below.
Westfield Crew will not be offering a summer program for 2017. Instead, current and prospective crew team members are encouraged to attend one of the many other summer rowing programs offered by schools and organizations in Virginia and Maryland. See Summer Programs for a list of some of the camps available this summer.
In addition to providing food for the March 31st pre-regatta dinner (see previous announcement), please check to see if you are scheduled to provide food for the April 1st regatta by clicking HERE.
We have divided the team in groups and each rower's family has been assigned one item to bring on a rotating basis. Items should be delivered on Friday night, to allow us to organize and setup everything.
We are also in need of 2 helpers to oversee the tent in 2 shifts during the day. This allows the kids to have our support while both volunteer parents are able to watch the part of the regatta they want. Please look at the list of jobs at sign up genius to enlist for this important position. You will earn 1 point per hour.
Make sure you:
1. Click on the link above to confirm your contribution by Thursday, March 30th.
2. Deliver the food item during the day but no later than 8:00pm, on Friday, March 31st. at 6266 Welton Drive, Centreville, 20120, where the Carrasco family will organize everything.
3. Food Donations must be ready to eat and be enough for 10-12 rowers.
This upcoming Regional Park Regatta is your chance to collaborate and we highly appreciate it.
The first pre-regatta dinner is Friday, March 31st in the Westfield High School lecture hall. The team will go directly from practice to dinner. Family food donations are greatly appreciated and assigned as follows:
A-D Water Bottles
J-L Salad or Veggie Tray
Please plan on making enough to feed 8-10 people. Food should be dropped off at the WHS Lecture Hall between 5:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. Have it ready to eat/serve. We suggest you send your food donations in disposable containers - your son or daughter may forget to bring home your prized dish! We use Party Sterno Trays to keep the food warm. It is greatly appreciated if you use the Half Size Deep Steam Table pans 11 3/4" x 9 3/8" x 2 9/16" which can be purchased individually at Party City or a multi pack from Costco.
At least three (3) board positions will open in June and we need new members! If you are interested in joining the board please e-mail Lynn Hough at email@example.com.
If you are interested in assisting with the board member nomination process, please volunteer for a position on the nominating committee here.
Information about the board can be accessed at Crew Booster Board.
- Checkout updates to the Million Meter Madness Fundraiser webpage.
- Please click Sign-Up to volunteer and earn points. If you don't see a task listed that you can help with or if the slots are filled, please come anyway as we could use extra hands.
- The event concludes with a potluck dinner and awards. Please click Food Sign-Up to RSVP and to let us know what you will bring.
- Captains will make teams this week.
- Remember to:
- Take all donations collected to the crew mailbox in the activities office at WFHS (donations need to be turned in by March 10th.)
- Make sure donation envelopes have their name on them or donation sheets are filled out to receive volunteer hours (1 hour for every $10 donated).
Slides and other information presented at the Team Parent Meeting is available on the Team Info page.
Please mark your calendars for our 2017 MILLION METER MADNESS event scheduled forheld in the cafeteria at Westfield High School.
**Click Million Meter Madness Fundraiser to access donation forms and information**
The event is mandatory for all Westfield rowers and we will need a lot of volunteers to help this event be a success!!!!
By volunteering, you will earn volunteer points and have lots of fun!
We will be sending out a Sign-Up Genius in the next week to show all the volunteer needs (apx. shifts – 12- 2, 2-4, 4-6, 6-8)
WE WILL NEED FOOD (pasta, salad, bread, etc....more information to follow)
Set-up at the Westfield Cafeteria
– ROWERS ARRIVE
Dinner and Prizes
Our next parents meeting is Monday, February 27th at 7:30 pm and we will have more information to share then.